Frequently Asked House Cleaning Questions
How will our house cleaning relationship work?
- We know that it is important to earn your trust on each house cleaning visit, which is why we do not ask you to sign a contract. We operate through open communication and honest evaluation of our service. We encourage feedback that will help us serve you better.
Are you fully insured and bonded house cleaning service?
- Absolutely! Our insurance is the best available. We are also bonded for your full protection.
Must I be at home during the house cleaning?
- This is entirely up to you. Most clients prefer to give us a key; others leave it in a safe place. The only people who have access to your key are the managers. They will personally give the key to the maid that will be cleaning your home that day.
What if I need to reschedule a house cleaning?
- Simply call our office 48 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. A late cancellation fee will be incurred if the team cannot be reassigned.
At what time will the maids be at my home?
- Our normal work days are Monday-Saturday 8:00am – 7:00pm. While in most cases it is difficult to give a specific time, we will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
How many maids will be cleaning my home?
- Depending on the task at hand we will send a team of maids or an individual maid. We will accommodate any special requests you may have as well.
What if something is damaged during my house cleaning?
- Our maids will treat your home as if it was their own. However, should damage or breakage occur during your house cleaning, we will take the steps necessary to have it replaced or repaired.
How do you protect my keys?
- Your key will be secured in our office in a locked storage, which only our managers have access to. The key is issued to our certified maids on the day of cleaning, and are returned the end of the day. At which point the manager will return your key to its secured storage.
How do I pay for your house cleaning service?
- Payment is due at the time of service. Clients will either leave a check made payable to Platinum Maid or pay by credit card. An extra fee will be charged for an insufficient check.
What should I do about my security/alarm system?
- Some clients will provide Platinum Maid with the access code for their home; others will establish a guest or temporary code for us. However, in our experience it will be easiest to have your alarm system turned off for the day of your house cleaning.
Will you offer any refunds if we are unhappy with the cleaning?
- No. However, we will re-clean any area within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment that you were not completely satisfied with.
Do I need to provide cleaning equipment or supplies?
- No, Platinum Maid will provide all the cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment. However, if you would like us to use your cleaning supplies or equipment we will happily oblige.
Are my valuables safe?
- If you have any valuables or irreplaceable items, please store them in a secured area and instruct us not to touch them. A closed door, drawer or note will signify our maids not to touch or clean the area.
What should I do with my pets during the house cleaning?
- We ask that you provide us with adequate information about your pets. Although not a requirement, we prefer your pets to be restricted in areas that need cleaning so that our maids can be more efficient.
Will your maids get on step ladders?
- Platinum Maids employees will not get on ladders because of safety reasons. However, we have proper vacuum extensions and equipments that will reach high areas such as ceilings and ceiling fans.
What are your rates for your house cleaning services?
- Rates are based on the condition and size of your home. Please contact our local office for a free consultation and estimate!
11110 Sunset Hill Rd #2102
Reston, VA 20195
Direct: (571) 337-3525
Email: [email protected]